Our Dog Training Courses
A better way to a Perfect Dog
We offer a full range of classes to suit the individual requirements of your dog, whether they are new pup or an old timer.
Classes are taught using reward based training methods and we encourage the use of treats, toys and both vocal and physical praise. We do not use check/choke chains and class numbers are restricted to ensure each gets the support they need.
A Perfect Dog is a well trained and fun to be with! Everyone would like a well behaved and socially acceptable dog. We at Perfect Dog are here to help you achieve results by promoting responsible dog ownership using fun reward based training methods.
Our training methods help to solve dog behaviour problems such as:
- Basic dog obedience
- Aggressive behaviour
- Chewing and destruction
- Digging in the garden
- Jumping up
- Nuisance barking
- Pulling on the lead
- Puppy Training
- Separation Anxiety
- Toileting in the house
and much more…
Drop in classes between 10am to 11am. and 11.30am to 12.30pm
Puppy classes, spaces to be booked by phone.
6.45pm to 7.45pm
Welcome to the most informative puppy socialisation classes in London. Socialisation classes are essential for for your puppy’s primary education. We have extensive experience of dealing with puppies of a variety of breeds and characters. The training methods are reward based which can include “clicker” and are highly successful. The course is structured to help you and your family teach your puppy through complete trust and understanding.
Course includes advice on puppy matters such as chewing, biting and toilet training to name a few. This course is all around socialising your dog and building a bond between you both. The optimum age is 9 to 16 weeks! Please ring us if your puppy is a little older. It is never too late!
Our classes are drop-in and our course content rolls over a four week period so you can join at any time. The classes are veterinary approved and are run by a qualified veterinary nurse.
What will my pup learn?
- How to mouth gently
- How to play nicely with different breeds of the same age
- To be friendly and confident with people
- To be a happy confident dog within their environment
What will I learn?
- Successful house training
- The benefits of crate training
- General handling
- Teeth cleaning
- Health check
- Introducing puppy to their environment
- Play and the functions of various toys
- per weekly 1 hr session
- Saturdays 10:00am & 11:30am, Balham
Wednesdays 6:45pm, Balham
Our Pre-Puppy Advice service will help equip you with everything you need to prepare for the arrival of your new family member. A representative of Perfect Dog will visit your home before you acquire your puppy. We will suggest equipment for you to purchase and explain its function, as well as suggest how to set up a puppy room, explaining the relevance of crate position and the overall benefits if crate training.
We provide the following:
- Advise on which toys to purchase and how they can prevent nipping
- Check your garden and home for plants that are dangerous to animals
- Help you to devise a routine so everyone gets a good nights sleep
- Discuss puppies and children and how to involve children of all ages to take some responsibility for their new house member
- Explain vaccinations and how they work
- Explain what to take with you when you collect your pup
Make a list of questions before we come for our visit. Believe me it such a useful service!
Consultations take place within the M25.
- Pre-Puppy Advice
- 1 hour consultation